Rent A Meeting Room
The Rachel Kohl Community Library’s Community Room can be rented by filling out the inquiry form at the bottom of this page or by emailing [email protected]
Policy for Reserving and Use of the Rachel Kohl Community Library Meeting Room
The Rachel Kohl Community Library’s meeting rooms are available for rental by groups, individuals and nonprofit organizations which are informational, educational, cultural, social, and civic in nature.
Meeting rooms may not be used for:
- Commercial purposes
- Political campaign purposes
- Or any use for which Rachel Kohl Community Library elects not to permit
Please note that admission fees for attendees may not be charged. The Rachel Kohl Community Library reserves the right to accept, renew, or reject requests for use of the room(s).
That a group is permitted to use a Library meeting room does not in any way constitute an endorsement by the Library of the group’s business, policies, or beliefs. Further, no claim to that effect, nor claim to the Library’s sponsorship may be used, explicitly or implicitly, in advertising. Neither the name nor address of the Library or its image may be used except for location purposes. Further, the Library will not advertise on its sites, calendars, or signs any meeting by any rental group.
- 90 folding chairs, 11 6’ tables, and 5 card tables are available for use.
- The room has a total capacity of 125.
- A sound system and projector system are located in the room. The group is responsible for supplying their own computer, mp3 player, or smartphone to use the sound system and to screen presentations or DVDs.
- Not for Profit Organizations with proof of a 501(c) (3) status:
- $35 per hour with a 2-hour minimum rental required
- Other Organizations:
- $40 per hour, with a 2-hour minimum rental required
- $50 per hour, with a 2-hour minimum rental required
- Kitchen privileges:
- An additional $15.00 per event
- Please note there is no equipment available for cooking food on the library premises.
- There is an additional fee of $25 per hour for any time before or after our normal hours of operation and is dependent on staff availability.
Remember to include set up and clean up time in your request. For example: if your event starts at 11, but you need an hour to set up or decorate, your time would start at 10.
These fees may be waived at the discretion of the Library.
- Events in the community room end 15 minutes prior to our close time, unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Smoking, controlled substances, or gambling is not permitted.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Rooms marked for staff use only are not to be used or accessed.
- The meeting rooms must be left in a clean and orderly condition. Waste should be placed in the proper receptacles. The group using the room is responsible for total set up and clean up. The library reserves the right to charge a fee if facilities must be cleaned. No custodial service is available.
- The Library staff is NOT at the disposal of the group. It is the responsibility of the applicant and/or the group to provide any necessary expertise or equipment if it is not available in the meeting rooms.
- No storage of the organization’s items or equipment is available before or after the meeting.
- Nothing may be attached to the walls, ceiling, floor, furniture, or room dividers.
- Lighted candles or flames are not to be used within the meeting rooms with the exception of Sterno used by caterers.
- In the event that the library closes due to an emergency or inclement weather, use of the meeting room is automatically cancelled and the rental fees will be reimbursed.
- The renting organization’s contact person will be notified by the library. It is the responsibility of the organization to notify attendees of the cancellation.
- If the renting organization cancels its event or meeting, they must notify the Library one week in advance in order to receive reimbursement of rental fees.
- Meeting room attendees may not leave children unattended in the library.
- Failure to comply with this policy may result in denial of future use of the library meeting rooms, financial liability for damages, and/or removal from the meeting room.
The application form must be signed by a representative of the group who will attend the event and be responsible for the conduct of the attendees and for any damages.
Each application will be reviewed and the contact person will receive confirmation. The meeting rooms will not be considered scheduled until confirmation is sent.
Policy approved and accepted on May 22, 2017.
Community Room Rental Request Application
The library closes at 6:30 PM Monday-Thursday, and 5 PM Friday-Sunday. We require events in the community room to end a half hour prior to our close time. Due to insurance reasons, no program may be booked that extends after closing time.
*All policies and costs subject to change