Mondays at 10:30 a.m.
18 months–3 years old
Mondays at 1 p.m.
3–6 yearrs old
Thursdays at 10:30 a.m.
3–5 years old
Fridays at 10:30 a.m.
Third Thursday of the month at 6:30 p.m.
4 – 8 years old
Dance Me A Story
One Monday a month at 10:30 a.m. – A special movement storytime hosted by Lisa Oster from Darlington Arts. Please wear socks, as we remove our shoes!
3–6 years old
One Thursday a month at 10:30 a.m. - Who doesn't love the parachute? Sing songs, read books, have fun! 2 - 5 years old
One Wednesday a month at 1p.m. - Join us for a fun half hour of singing, dancing, and instrument playing! 2 - 5 years old
Check out children's program across the county with Eventkeeper, interact with TumbleBooks or BookFlix (which are best accessed through the DCLS homepage here), or play financial football by clicking on the buttons below:
The Youth Services Department is always in need of donations to support our programs. We always appreciate donations of crafting/art supplies as well as gift cards in any denomination to local stores. Have a gift card with a dollar or two left over? You can donate that too! Any amount to any store can be used for supplies, snacks or prizes for youth programs.
Tips For a Successful Storytime
1. Please arrive early to allow time to get settled, go to the bathroom, etc. Storytimes for younger ones are only 20 minutes long, so all our time together is valuable.
2. Participate with your child! Children learn from watching. Feel free to sing and read along. Storytime is a chance to interact with books and the experience will be so much richer if you help your child participate.
3. Minimize distractions. Please turn off all cell phones and tablets and save toys and snacks for after the program. Visiting with other parents is best saved for after storytime as well.
4. Keep reading! Check out the extra books provided to continue talking about each week’s theme. Asking questions and extending themes helps reinforce new information in your child’s mind. Kids love to tell you what they learned or what they remembered from storytime!
To Book A School Visit
Please contact our children's librarian at email@example.com or by phone at 610.358.3445.
If you'd like to have your class visit our library, we welcome the opportunity to teach kids about the resources offered at the library.
If you're interested in a visit to the library, or having a librarian visit your school, please contact her with the date you are interested in, age of children, group size and any particular topic or theme you may be studying.
- Weekly storytimes do not require registration!
- Most programs do not require registration any that do will be noted on the event poster and monthly calendar. Please call (610.358.3445) or stop into the library to sign up.
- Anyone from anywhere is welcome to join us – you do not need to be a member of the library to participate in our programs. However, we cannot host daycares in our weekly storytimes. Please contact the children’s librarian (firstname.lastname@example.org) to set up a visit or an outreach to your location.
- Age ranges for storytimes are suggestions and are not adhered to strictly. The stories and songs presented in each storytime have chosen based on these ages; however, each child is different and the parent can determine where their child is developmentally. On the border between Infant and Toddler? Try one of each and see which fits best for your child!
- Siblings are always welcome to attend programs.
- Always check the current month’s calendar to make sure storytime is occurring. We try to maintain a schedule and conduct storytimes as regularly as possible but sometimes they may be cancelled.
- Our Facebook page will be updated for closures due to weather as well as any other cancellations of programs.