To Rent Our Community Room
The Community Room can be rented by filling out the form at the bottom of this page. Please read the policy below carefully for restrictions and room details; then submit your rental request. Most requests are confirmed within three business days, often sooner. Payment is required within two weeks of receipt of your invoice.
1. Licensed 501(c)3 non-profit organizations may use the Community Room for up to 3 hours, or all day Sunday, for a fee of $50.00. All day use of the room for these organizations is $125.00. Proof of non-profit status should be submitted with room request.
2. All other organizations and individuals may use the Community Room for up to 3 hours, or all day Sunday, for $80.00. All day use of the room for these organizations is $200.00.
3. Payment is due within two weeks of receipt of your invoice.
4. Cancellation of your reservation must be made at least a week prior to your initial reservation for a full refund.
Community Room Policy
The Community Room at the Rachel Kohl Community Library is available for use by community members and groups, subject to the procedures and restrictions described in this policy. The Community Room is to be used for cultural, education, charitable or civic purposes. The room is also available for government agencies. It is not available for religious meeting, meetings of political parties, for fund-raising or commercial purposes.
The Library reserves the right to:
•Review and reject and application for use of the meeting room.
•Review the frequency of use by any group.
•Revoke or reschedule any previously approved application for use of the meeting room.
The library has 65 folding chairs in the meeting room and eight folding tables. The room has a total capacity of 125. A sound system and projector system are located in the room. A laptop is not provided however; you will need to use your own computer, mp3 player or smartphone to use the sound system and to screen presentations or DVDs.
The Library is not responsible for the set up of the room. Please leave time in your reservation request for setup.
1. Reservations for the Community Room will be scheduled in order of the date of the request. Library sponsored programs will have priority.
2. All reservations must be made in advance of the meeting date. A reservation is not final until the completed application has been received and paid in full within two weeks of receipt of your invoice.
3. Although groups can reserve several meeting dates on one reservation form, it is not the intent of the library to provide permanent or continuous meeting space for any group.
4. Meetings must be scheduled during regular library hours:
We require events in the community room to end a half hour prior to our close time.
- Monday-Thursday: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. (*Closed summer Sundays)
1. All groups are required to clean-up after use and return the room to the original setup– failure to do so will result in additional charges and loss of use of the room for any future events.
2. Any printed promotional materials should not use the name of the library except as part of the address and make it clear the library is not the sponsor of the meeting.
3. Any children's, teen or pre-teen group must have an appropriate number of adult supervisors.
4. The library is unable to provide childcare services. People attending meetings at the library must make arrangements for their children. The library cannot assume responsibility for caring or supervising children left unattended outside the community room.
5. Rooms marked for staff use only are not to be used or accessed. Workrooms in the back of the library are for staff use only and are not for public use.
1. Refreshments may be served in the meeting room. A small staff kitchen adjacent to the room is available for use. There is no equipment available for cooking food on the library premises.
2. Alcoholic beverages may not be dispensed or consumed on the library grounds. The library reserves the right to deny use of these types of beverages regardless of insurance.