Cash Register procedures
· Quality over Quantity!! Accurate transactions are more important that moving a line at the desk quickly, please do not rush and risk mistakes just to move a line along. This applies to transactions that are not money related as well.
· All transactions should be entered at the time of procedure, please do not try to remember and come back to properly enter the transaction in the register
· Use appropriate categories. For example, someone playing for a bouquet of flowers and a $1.50 fine should be rung in as $2 flowers and $1.50 fine, not $3.50 in one or the other categories.
· Run register tape (directions next to register)
· Count out all bills in register
· Return starting bank ($105 in small bills) back to register
· Using the pre-printed envelope, record the cash taken in, checks and any other things that need to be noted
· The cash being put in the envelope should match the cash intake total on the register receipt
· Coins can be put in the envelopes up to $5
· If you are putting less that the $105 back in the register due to lack of change, note it on the envelope and leave a note for director that change is needed