Friends of the Library
Friends groups can make the difference between a budget increase and a budget cut for their libraries. Not only that, but many libraries across the country owe their new additions or new buildings to an effective advocacy campaign waged by the Friends to ensure community support. You can make a long lasting and significant difference for your library through the Friends group.
How can I get involved?
- Assist the Friends and the library with activities such as workshops and events
- Attend special events, like the Annual Bingo
- Volunteer within the library during regular hours
- Contribute to the newsletter - book reviews, tech updates, author info, etc. (now included in the Library newsletter online).
- Just attend a Friends meeting (the third Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. at the library). You can also fill out a form located on the Friends' display case in the library.
As a dues paying member your name is added to the Newsletter distribution email list which ensures your receipt of the monthly eNewsletter and occasional important notifications about activities.