Open Concord & Bethel Trustee Positions
To apply please send a letter of interest and your resume to:
- Gena Kerrigan
- Library Director
- Rachel Kohl Community Library
- 687 Smithbridge Road
- Glen Mills, PA 19342
- or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
RACHEL KOHL COMMUNITY LIBRARY
The Board of Trustees of the Rachel Kohl Community Library is composed of nine members appointed by the municipalities of Bethel Township (2), Chadds Ford Township (1), Chester Heights Borough (1), Concord Township (4) and Thornbury Township (1).
Trustees have the following responsibilities:
- -ensuring that the Library has adequate funding
- -planning for the short-term and long-term needs of the Library
- -appointing, managing and advising the Library Director
- -serving as liaisons to their respective municipalities
- -determining Library policy & procedure and monitoring its application.
The Library is best served by Trustees of diverse backgrounds and interests, reflecting the communities that they represent. Experiences which are frequently called upon include:
- -community relations
- -customer service
- -information technology and social media
- -policy & procedure development
- -business operations
Trustees attend a monthly board meeting of approximately 90 minutes. In addition, there are meetings 1-2 times per year at the county level plus annual training opportunities. Board officers (President, Vice-President, Treasurer and Secretary) have additional responsibilities and time commitments.