Community Room Policy
The Community Room at the Rachel Kohl Community Library is available for use by community members and groups, subject to the procedures and restrictions described
in this policy. The Community Room is to be used for cultural, education, charitable or civic purposes. The room is also available for government agencies. It is not
available for religious meeting, meetings of political parties, for fund-raising or commercial purposes.
The Library reserves the right to:
•Review and reject and application for use of the meeting room.
•Review the frequency of use by any group.
•Revoke or reschedule any previously approved application for use of the meeting room.
The library has 65 folding chairs in the meeting room. The room has a total capacity of 125. The library has a television with DVD player available for use by groups.
The Library is not responsible for the set up of the room. A reservation allows for an early arrival to set up the room according to your needs.
1. Reservations for the Community Room will be scheduled in order of the date of the request. Library sponsored programs will have priority.
2. All reservations must be made in advance of the meeting date. A reservation is not final until the completed application has been
received and paid in full at least two weeks prior to the program or event date.
3. Although groups can reserve several meeting dates on one reservation form, it is not the intent of the library to provide permanent or continuous meeting space for any group.
4. Meetings must be scheduled during regular library hours.
1. All groups are required to clean-up after use and return the room to the original setup– failure to do so will result in additional charges
and loss of use of the room for any future events.
2. Any printed materials should not use the name of the library except
as part of the address and make it clear the library is not the sponsor of
the meeting. All printed materials must also be reviewed and approved by the Director.
3. Any children's, teen or pre-teen group must have an appropriate number of adult supervisors.
4. The library is unable to provide childcare services. People attending
meetings at the library must make arrangements for their children. The
library cannot assume responsibility for caring or supervising children left unattended outside the community room.
5. Rooms marked for staff use only are not to be used or accessed. Workrooms in the back of the library are for staff use only and are not for public use.
1. Refreshments may be served in the meeting room. A small staff kitchen
adjacent to the room is available for use. There is no equipment available
for cooking food on the library premises.
2. Alcoholic beverages may not be dispensed or consumed on the library grounds. The library reserves the right to deny use of these types of beverages regardless of insurance.
1. Licensed 501(c)3 non-profit organizations may use the Community Room for
up to 3 hours for a fee of $50.00. All day use of the room for these
organizations is $125.00. Proof of non-profit status should be submitted with room request.
2. All other organizations and individuals may use the Community Room for up to 3 hours for $80.00. All day use of the room for these organizations is $200.00.
3. Payment is due at least two weeks prior to reservation date.
4. Cancellation of your reservation must be made at least a week prior to your initial reservation for a full refund.
5. Any other equipment needs and specifications should be discussed ahead of the scheduled meeting with the Library Director. The charge is $10.00 per use. Use of library equipment must be requested prior to the meeting and preferably at the time the room reservation is made.